Reikan FoCal 3 Release Candidate 2 is now available! This update brings some important stability fixes and improvements thanks to feedback from users of the previous FoCal 3 Release Candidate released around week 2 weeks ago.
[If you’re not interested in the details and just want to grab the release download info is here]
FoCal 3 Release Candidate 2 fixes some important stability issues and a few issues raised by users working with FoCal 3 Release Candidate, namely:
- Fixes an occasional but annoying crash at the end of a Calibration
- Fixes an issue where Raw mode was actually running with JPEG images
- Improved the help and naming of the first chart shown in MultiTest – now called “Focus & Aperture Quality”
- Fixed various issues around importing and loading history results data
- Improvements to voice prompt initialisation on Mac to improve reliability
- Improvements to user-assisted requests for restoring settings after a test has run
- Improvements to Target Setup to be clear about previous test data being shown
Updates since FoCal 2021
Operating System Support
The following are supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 should work, Microsoft ended support in January 2020 and we do limited testing on Windows 7.
Windows 11 – we don’t expect any issues with FoCal running on Windows 11, and will be testing with developer releases from Microsoft as they become available closer to public Windows 11 release.
- macOS Big Sur (11.x)
- macOS Catalina (10.15)
- macOS Mojave (10.14)
- macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- macOS Sierra (10.12)
There are more details in the changelog on the release notes for this release.
We would love you to try out this new release of FoCal and let us know what you think – good and bad. It’s feedback from users that helps make each release better than the last. Lots of the functionality in FoCal is implemented following suggestions from users – don’t be afraid to propose improvements and new ideas!
If you have any feedback, please use the Send Feedback button in the Help > Help menu. This will open a dedicated contact form so we can make sure we capture all your feedback:
Thank you to all our users past and present who’ve used FoCal for their calibrations. An extra special thank you to everyone who’s got in touch with feedback, a lot changes are driven directly from what you tell us!
Get Reikan FoCal 3 Release Candidate 2
Download FoCal 3 Release Candidate 2 for Windows or macOS by logging in to the account system via lms.fo-cal.co.uk. Once logged in, you will see a download link to the software.
FoCal 3 Release Candidate 2 is available to all users that are within their Included Updates Period as of 26th July 2021 (the date of the first FoCal 3 pre-release build). You can get the software as below:
- By logging in to the FoCal Account system via lms.fo-cal.co.uk. Near the top you’ll see “Pre-Release Downloads” – the new release is in that section.
If the above does not apply to you, you can purchase 12 months of updates by logging in to the account system via lms.fo-cal.co.uk and going to the Included Updates Period section.
If you’re not yet a FoCal user, you can purchase the software as a download or boxed product, as well as Focal Hard Targets from the FoCal Online Store.
It’s worth just checking the pre-release software FAQ to make sure you understand the type of software you’re getting.
Reikan FoCal on Social Media
We regularly post news and updates on social media. You can keep updated, connect and follow us via: